UMass Women into Leadership
UMass Women into Leadership (UWiL) is a leadership training and professional development program that prepares more women from the state’s flagship, public university for public leadership after graduation. We offer:
- Leadership training through workshops and professional development activities,
- Shared community through 1:1 mentoring relationships and networking opportunities,
- Academic instruction through a 1 credit spring semester course, and
- Applied experience through internships and job shadowing, including scholarship support for unpaid or low-paying positions.
Your support allows us to create truly memorable experiences for our students. Don’t just take our word for it, read what our students have to say about UWiL:
- "It was honestly life-changing to have such an empowering experience so early on in my college years. UWiL helped to solidify my personal and career goals with the belief that I had the tools and the know-how to reach them."
- “This seminar has been the highlight of my semester and is the best course I’ve enrolled in at UMass.”
- “Because of UWiL, I am much more confident in myself, and this workshop made me closer to this cohort of women. All of us have begun creating a beautiful network of women supporting women, and I will be eternally grateful for this opportunity.”
- “In my life I always felt as though I could never be as successful as I dreamed and that I was never good enough. Being able to walk around a room and feel that everyone was there to support me in achieving my goals and be so welcoming was something that I can never thank UWiL enough for.”
- “UWiL was an instrumental event in my college experience… Not only did this workshop motivate me to pursue my goals as a leader, but it helped me develop a part of my ‘why.’”
- “I am part of a sorority, so female empowerment and bonding is something I am constantly thinking about and doing. But this workshop was a completely different experience. I am actually struggling to find the right words to describe how I feel … I know my life has been made better because I attended this workshop. I have found my voice, my community, my story.”
Your donation makes all our activities possible!
Donations support scholarships for unpaid or low-paying internships, field trips to visit and learn from public officials, lectures by leading scholars on women in politics, an annual workshop weekend, and more!