Last year, current and retired faculty and staff helped raise more than $1 million for the university and set a new record for the number who gave.
You make the university’s growth and success possible. Through your support, UMass Amherst pursues its commitment to excellence and access in higher education for the commonwealth. Gifts drive the university’s continued momentum and the aspiration to become a top-20 public university.
We hope you will support the 2018-19 Faculty and Staff Campaign. You can make your gift to any area of campus you choose by clicking the GIVE button.
Matching Funds No Longer Available
All of the available $500,000 in matching funds for this year’s Faculty and Staff Campaign have been accounted for. Consequently, gifts and pledges made moving forward will not be matched.
"The generosity of faculty and staff in supporting the continued growth and success of the university is a point of pride. These resources make a vital difference in our ability to flourish as a nationally top-ranked, flagship public research university. The growing philanthropic participation of our faculty and staff also underscores our continued commitment to access and excellence, and the unparalleled role we play in educating the citizens of the commonwealth.”
-Chancellor Kumble Subbaswamy
Ways to Give:
By Check- Send a check to Faculty and Staff Campaign, Development Office, UMass Amherst, Memorial Hall, 134 Hicks Way, Amherst, MA 01003. Please be sure to indicate what area of campus you would like your gift to support.
- The campus will match $1 for every $1 given by all current and retired faculty and staff to qualifying campus accounts, up to $500,000 (on a first-come, first-served basis) through June 30, 2019. All qualifying gifts or pledge payments made on or after July 1, 2018, will be included in this match.
- All gifts from pledges will be matched as long as you establish your pledge or payroll deduction while matching funds are still available, and you fulfill your pledge by the end of the campaign on June 30, 2019.
- If a gift exceeds $10,000, the campus match will be limited to $10,000.
- Contributions designated to any campus account will be matched, except for tickets to university events and deferred gifts. Deferred gifts are also known as planned gifts or estate commitments.
- Gifts made by the spouse or domestic partner of a faculty, staff, or retiree will be eligible for the campus match. Matching gifts from the employer of a spouse or domestic partner will not qualify for campus matching funds.
- Campus matching funds will be distributed into the same account as the original gift.
- The campus match cannot be used in the donor’s total for membership in campus donor societies or clubs.
For questions, contact Stephanie Flaherty at 413-545-1466 or firstname.lastname@example.org.