SUPPORT OUR STUDENTS
With more than 1.5 million visitors last year alone, what makes the W.E.B. Du Bois Library the busiest place on campus? (see video above)
As the largest public academic research library in Massachusetts, the UMass Amherst Libraries offer unique opportunities for all students and scholarship.
Set to be renovated for a fourth time since its 2005 opening, the donor-supported Learning Commons on the Lower Level comprises the largest and most popular space on campus for undergraduates to study and collaborate with peers.
Thanks to your generous contributions, this year, our graduate students will receive their own space on Floor 5. The first-ever Graduate Commons is envisioned as a multifaceted environment complete with study carrels and conference rooms.
Another ever-changing, ever-popular space among students, faculty, and community members alike is the Digital Media Lab. Located on Floor 3, the lab is a state-of-the-art production area designed to support multimedia learning, from audiovisual equipment and green screen booths to 3D printing and Virtual Reality setups.
Of course, all of the spaces and services we offer are critical to every student’s success. From print and digital resources to cross-discipline research environments, your support improves our students’ learning experiences. Thank you!
NOTE- UNIVERSITY MATCH NO LONGER AVAILABLE: All of the available $500,000 in matching funds for this year’s Faculty and Staff Campaign have been already reserved. Consequently we cannot guarantee that any gifts or pledges made moving forward will be matched. The good news is that matching funds have been depleted much earlier than in previous years due to increased generosity of our faculty and staff. THANK YOU! We hope that faculty and staff who have not yet participated will consider making a gift even though the matching funds have been depleted.
Ways to Give:
- Through Payroll Deduction- Spread your gift out over weeks or months and have it taken directly out of your paycheck.
- Online- click the “Give” button to make your gift today.
- By Check- Send a check to Faculty and Staff Campaign, Development Office, UMass Amherst, Memorial Hall, 134 Hicks Way, Amherst, MA 01003. Please be sure to indicate what area of campus you would like your gift to support.
- Make a Pledge- Print out a pledge form to make a pledge now and fulfill it later. Deliver it to the address on the form.
- The campus will match $1 for every $1 given by all current and retired faculty and staff to qualifying campus accounts, up to $500,000 (on a first come, first served basis) through June 30, 2018. Those of you who have already shown your support with a gift or pledge made on or after July 1, 2017, but before the kick off of the Faculty and Staff Campaign, will be included in this match.
- All gifts from pledges will be matched as long as you establish your pledge or payroll deduction while there are still matching funds available and you fulfill your pledge by the end of the campaign on June 30, 2018.
- If a gift exceeds $10,000, the campus match will be limited to $10,000.
- Contributions designated to any campus account will be matched, except for tickets to university events and deferred gifts. Deferred gifts are also known as planned gifts or estate commitments.
- Gifts made by the spouse or domestic partner of a faculty, staff, or retiree will be eligible for the campus match. Matching gifts from the employer of a spouse or domestic partner will not qualify for campus matching funds.
- Campus matching funds will be distributed into the same account as the original gift.
- The campus match cannot be used in the donor’s total for membership in campus donor societies or clubs.
For questions, contact Stephanie Flaherty at 413-545-1466 or email@example.com.