The Fine Arts Center is all about sharing the joy of the arts.
Last year, the Fine Arts Center hosted roughly 23 performing arts presentations with more than 24,000 attending a show and 25 visual arts events with roughly 10,000 attending or participating in a visual arts exhibition or outreach activity.
In addition, through our Arts/Access outreach programs, nearly 500 complimentary Angel Tickets were given to folks who ordinarily wouldn’t be able to see a show and over 4,300 schoolchildren visited FAC for a daytime performance.
Every encounter educates, inspires and creates a lifetime memory, and it’s donors who make it possible for us to provide these Art/Access outreach activities.
I ask you to share the joy the arts bring to your life with others by making a gift to FAC’s Arts/Access outreach programs. Your support will bring the art experiences you are most passionate about to others who wouldn’t otherwise have the opportunity.
You can choose “Fine Arts Center- unrestricted” to support ALL our culturally diverse programming or you can designate your gift to support a specific Arts/Access outreach program:
- The Angel Tickets Program provides complimentary tickets to clients of social service agencies who would otherwise not be able to see a live performance.
- Our Global Arts Program funds daytime performances for K-12 school students.
- Artist-in-Residence Outreach creates opportunities to engage directly with our artists through workshops, and pre & post show talkbacks.
- Jazz in July Scholarships give students necessary funding to study and learn from the country’s leading jazz educators.
- Internships at UMCA train students looking for careers in the visual arts world.
With your gift to our Arts/Access outreach programs, you play an integral role in enriching someone’s life.
Please make a gift and share the joy.
NOTE- UNIVERSITY MATCH NO LONGER AVAILABLE: All of the available $500,000 in matching funds for this year’s Faculty and Staff Campaign have been already reserved. Consequently we cannot guarantee that any gifts or pledges made moving forward will be matched. The good news is that matching funds have been depleted much earlier than in previous years due to increased generosity of our faculty and staff. THANK YOU! We hope that faculty and staff who have not yet participated will consider making a gift even though the matching funds have been depleted.
Ways to Give:
- Through Payroll Deduction- Spread your gift out over weeks or months and have it taken directly out of your paycheck.
- Online- click the “Give” button to make your gift today.
- By Check- Send a check to Faculty and Staff Campaign, Development Office, UMass Amherst, Memorial Hall, 134 Hicks Way, Amherst, MA 01003. Please be sure to indicate what area of campus you would like your gift to support.
- Make a Pledge- Print out a pledge form to make a pledge now and fulfill it later. Deliver it to the address on the form.
- The campus will match $1 for every $1 given by all current and retired faculty and staff to qualifying campus accounts, up to $500,000 (on a first come, first served basis) through June 30, 2018. Those of you who have already shown your support with a gift or pledge made on or after July 1, 2017, but before the kick off of the Faculty and Staff Campaign, will be included in this match.
- All gifts from pledges will be matched as long as you establish your pledge or payroll deduction while there are still matching funds available and you fulfill your pledge by the end of the campaign on June 30, 2018.
- If a gift exceeds $10,000, the campus match will be limited to $10,000.
- Contributions designated to any campus account will be matched, except for tickets to university events and deferred gifts. Deferred gifts are also known as planned gifts or estate commitments.
- Gifts made by the spouse or domestic partner of a faculty, staff, or retiree will be eligible for the campus match. Matching gifts from the employer of a spouse or domestic partner will not qualify for campus matching funds.
- Campus matching funds will be distributed into the same account as the original gift.
- The campus match cannot be used in the donor’s total for membership in campus donor societies or clubs.
For questions, contact Stephanie Flaherty at 413-545-1466 or firstname.lastname@example.org.