Support the CHC Community Scholarships
Last year, the CHC Community of faculty, staff, alumni, parents, and students came together to raise just over $12,000 for CHC Community Scholarships. THANK YOU!
In May, the college selected two incoming students with financial need to receive the scholarship over four years. There are even more students out there who need our help; we invite you to join other CHC faculty and staff members in supporting CHC Community Scholarships this year as part of the campus-wide Faculty and Staff Campaign.
Details of CHC Community Scholarships
- Four-year scholarship support will be provided to a first-year student with demonstrated financial need who is accepted to UMass Amherst and Commonwealth Honors College and will be entering next fall.
- Preference will be given to first-generation college students and students from underrepresented groups on campus.
Please join your colleagues in supporting CHC Community Scholarships this year.
NOTE- UNIVERSITY MATCH NO LONGER AVAILABLE: All of the available $500,000 in matching funds for this year’s Faculty and Staff Campaign have been already reserved. Consequently we cannot guarantee that any gifts or pledges made moving forward will be matched. The good news is that matching funds have been depleted much earlier than in previous years due to increased generosity of our faculty and staff. THANK YOU! We hope that faculty and staff who have not yet participated will consider making a gift even though the matching funds have been depleted.
Ways to Give:
- Through Payroll Deduction- Spread your gift out over weeks or months and have it taken directly out of your paycheck. If you'd like to designate your gift to "community scholarships", please write it in the allocation field on the online payroll deduction form.
- Online- click the “Give” button to make your gift today.
- By Check- Send a check to Faculty and Staff Campaign, Development Office, UMass Amherst, Memorial Hall, 134 Hicks Way, Amherst, MA 01003. Please be sure to indicate "community scholarships" or other area of area of campus you would like your gift to support.
- Make a Pledge- Print out a pledge form to make a pledge now and fulfill it later. Deliver it to the address on the form. If you'd like to designate your gift to "community scholarships", please indicate that on the form.
- The campus will match $1 for every $1 given by all current and retired faculty and staff to qualifying campus accounts, up to $500,000 (on a first come first served basis) through June 30, 2018. Those of you who have already shown your support with a gift or pledge made on or after July 1, 2017, but before the kickoff of the Faculty and Staff Campaign, will be included in this match.
- All gifts from pledges will be matched as long as you establish your pledge or payroll deduction while there are still matching funds available and you fulfill your pledge by the end of the campaign on June 30, 2018
- If a gift exceeds $10,000 the campus match will be limited to $10,000.
- Contributions designated to any campus account will be matched, except for tickets to university events and deferred gifts, also known as planned gifts or estate commitments.
- Gifts made by the spouse or domestic partner of a faculty, staff or retiree will be eligible for the campus match. Matching gifts from the employer of a spouse or domestic partner will not qualify for campus matching funds.
- Campus matching funds will be distributed into the same account as the original gift.
- The campus match cannot be used in the donor’s total for membership in campus donor societies or clubs.
For questions, contact Stephanie Flaherty at 413-545-1466 or firstname.lastname@example.org.