Investing in Excellence
The SBS Faculty Excellence Fund positions the College to be a leader in the social sciences by enhancing recruitment and retention efforts for outstanding faculty and graduate students who bring distinction to UMass. Managed at the discretion of the dean, this fund is designed to materially enhance the College’s strategic commitment to improve its overall academic quality and reputation by supporting, recognizing, and retaining world-class faculty.
The work of the SBS faculty addresses questions such as national policy on science and technology; workplace inequality related to gender and gender identity; economic models to measure the impact of raising the minimum wage; food safety and nutrition; money in politics; cybersecurity; and myriad others. We seek to produce knowledge and insight at the highest levels, and to consistently engage, inform, enliven, and challenge society. The SBS Faculty Excellence Fund is an investment in this work as it continues to evolve to reflect the changing needs of society.
Please join your colleagues, peers, and many alumni who have created this fund, by making a gift through the UMass Faculty and Staff Campaign today!
You may also choose to give directly to your department or other programs within the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences
NOTE- UNIVERSITY MATCH NO LONGER AVAILABLE: All of the available $500,000 in matching funds for this year’s Faculty and Staff Campaign have been already reserved. Consequently we cannot guarantee that any gifts or pledges made moving forward will be matched. The good news is that matching funds have been depleted much earlier than in previous years due to increased generosity of our faculty and staff. THANK YOU! We hope that faculty and staff who have not yet participated will consider making a gift even though the matching funds have been depleted.
Ways to Give:
- Through Payroll Deduction- Spread your gift out over weeks or months and have it taken directly out of your paycheck.
- Online- click the “Give” button to make your gift today.
- By Check- Send a check to Faculty and Staff Campaign, Development Office, UMass Amherst, Memorial Hall, 134 Hicks Way, Amherst, MA 01003. Please be sure to indicate what area of campus you would like your gift to support.
- Make a Pledge- Print out a pledge form to make a pledge now and fulfill it later. Deliver it to the address on the form.
- The campus will match $1 for every $1 given by all current and retired faculty and staff to qualifying campus accounts, up to $500,000 (on a first come, first served basis) through June 30, 2018. Those of you who have already shown your support with a gift or pledge made on or after July 1, 2017, but before the kick off of the Faculty and Staff Campaign, will be included in this match.
- All gifts from pledges will be matched as long as you establish your pledge or payroll deduction while there are still matching funds available and you fulfill your pledge by the end of the campaign on June 30, 2018.
- If a gift exceeds $10,000, the campus match will be limited to $10,000.
- Contributions designated to any campus account will be matched, except for tickets to university events and deferred gifts. Deferred gifts are also known as planned gifts or estate commitments.
- Gifts made by the spouse or domestic partner of a faculty, staff, or retiree will be eligible for the campus match. Matching gifts from the employer of a spouse or domestic partner will not qualify for campus matching funds.
- Campus matching funds will be distributed into the same account as the original gift.
- The campus match cannot be used in the donor’s total for membership in campus donor societies or clubs.
For questions, contact Stephanie Flaherty at 413-545-1466 or firstname.lastname@example.org.